Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring fresh ideas…

It's taken just this long to fully come out of hibernation! The creative juices were not dormant however, and many projects new and revisited kept me busy in the endless winter here in the north west corner. On the revisit side, we are expanding and improving the HardCrack product line with new packaging, photography, promotion material and website (in progress).

The project has employed all my skills, design, photography and tasting (this stuff is really great, way too tempting having all the samples around the office). Confirming my affinity to packaging delicious sweets and confections.



On the west coast in Seattle, Armoire chocolatier Ellane Culhane Pirotte and her daughter Mara have opened a new cafe, for which I had the pleasure of creating a new logo and brand. We are developing signage for the storefront, packaging and a website. 
On the not for profit side, it's gardening time again, inspiring a new poster for the Salisbury Family Services community garden. Working on this project has certainly motivated me--I am now tending my own vegetable plot in my own back yard.
I was also honored to design, photograph and produce invitations for the SFS biannual benefit: 
Other not for profit work includes the development of a new logo for SHARE, 

invitations and program for Friends of Writers, and Women's Support Services holiday card. In addition to all the design projects, I also had my first one man exhibit of drawings at local cafe Fuel, in Great Barrington. Working with pens instead of pencil, a new lighter and more playful style has been capturing my interest lately. For the summer, looking forward to teaching Design 101 at IS183, please join me--and more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers